Thinking Autism Conference: ‘Evidence-based Treatments’ May 2019 London UK
Start Date: 2019-05-17
End Date: 2019-05-19
Time: 5:30 pm to 4:30 pm
Top researchers, clinicians, therapists and parent speakers will present on novel approaches and most promising research in autism and co-ocurring disorders. Delegates will hear about current treatment trials, and learn about the importance of recognising and addressing health issues in autism that can contribute to severity of autism symptoms and challenging behaviours, including epilepsy and seizures, metabolic and mitochondrial dysfunction, nutritional and gastrointestinal issues.
Parents who attend the conference will return home with a new understanding of their child’s problems and practical ways to help improve their condition and behaviours.
Professionals, including health professionals, will get a chance to boost their Continuing Professional Development CPD in accordance with the newly-launched NHS Long Term Plan. This plans aims to tackle the causes of morbidity and preventable deaths in people with autism through: 1. Specific health checks for children and adults with autism 2. Improved training and awareness of NHS staff on comorbid medical conditions in autism.
* cutting edge research on emerging tests, TREATMENTS and therapies
* medical CANNABIS and CBD oil for reducing anxiety, challenging behaviours, abnormal brain activation and seizures activity in autism. Latest research, treatment trials and medical cannabis legislative and clinical landscape in the UK
* autism and the NHS – preventing diagnostic overshadowing in autism through better education and awareness
* epilepsy and SEIZURES in autism
* GASTROINTESTINAL issues and nutrition for autism
* sensory dysfunction and abnormal sensory processing in autism
* new PANDAS/PANS UK guidelines, diagnostic overlaps and relavance to autism
* creating clinical algorithms to improve care of patients with autism in NHS general practice
* gluten free, ketogenic and other diets in autism – who are the likely responders – who could benefit and why
Early Bird both days (members): GBP 75.0,
Early Bird both days (non-members): GBP 100.0,
Early Bird one day (members): GBP 40.0,
Early Bird one day (non-members): GBP 65.0,
Openining evening talks and social event: GBP 15.0
Organized by : Thinking Autism