Leading with Confidence
Start Date: 2020-03-10
End Date: 2020-03-11
Time: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Are you leading a team of people who are more experienced than you? Do you hope to push for healthy changes within your team but are not sure how and where to start?
Whether you are leading a small team or multiple teams, becoming an effective leader is possible if you can appreciate the science and be shown the way early in your leadership journey. By developing your leadership skills, you will be better able to motivate your team to perform, build trust and competence, rather than constantly firefighting.
After the workshop, you will be able to:
- appreciate the roles and functions of a supervisor
- understand the critical success factors to having and sustaining a high performing team
- apply the coaching model to facilitate workplace learning and change
- use basic problem solving model to plan and prioritise workplace changes
- What does being a supervisor mean?
– Understand the change in roles and responsibilities of a supervisor
– Common challenges faced upon taking up the role
– Importance of lifelong learning for a supervisor
- Leadership Styles
– Understand the different types of leadership styles
– Understand the different types of personalities
– Appreciate the qualities of a successful leader
- Working through others
– Understand the different types of motivation based on Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs
– Steps to creating a motivating environment
– Creating synergies in teams
- Sustaining high performing teams
– Aspects of the onboarding process
– The Commitment Curve
– Managing performance
- Coaching for change
– The GROW Coaching Model
– Managing change
– The Dialogue Model
– The Consequences and Benefits Matrix
- Getting the problems solved
– Understand and appreciate The Problem Solving Model
– Explore the techniques of using The Problem Solving Toolkit
– Prioritising problems
- Making the right decisions
– Understand the different types of decisions
– Develop decision-making skills
– Understand and avoid decision-making traps
Who should attend
Supervisors, team leaders and assistant managers who aspire to be more effective leaders.
A combination of lectures, experiential activities, group discussions and role plays will be used to impart and reinforce the concepts.
Click the link for registration or ticketing information:
Organized by : EON Consulting & Training Pte Ltd Website : https://eontraining.com.sg/
About the Organizers :
EON Consulting & Training Pte Ltd was established in 1996 and specialises in providing human capital consulting and training services to organisations in Singapore.
It has helped organisations improve on strategic human capital alignment and day-to-day HR operations through three main areas of support, namely, consulting, training and information service.