Grammar for Business Writing
Start Date: 2020-08-06
End Date: 2020-08-06
Time: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
In business, correct English grammar is essential in communicating effectively, in both speech and writing. The Grammar for Business Writing course highlights the usage problems associated with contemporary grammar. Grammar refers to rules that allow us to organise our words and sentences into coherent, meaningful language. This course, therefore, explores the major areas of English grammar.
The course also addresses the three issues underlying all errors of grammatical usage: the idea of Standard English, the effects of language change on English grammar, and the effects of language attitudes on our perception of “correct” English. It will be of interest to anyone who wishes to increase his or her confidence in presenting English clearly, and improve his or her editing and proofreading abilities.
After the workshop, you will be able to:
- recollect how the English language works
- communicate more accurately and effectively
- use precise vocabulary to convey the intended meaning
- avoid common English errors to polish your business writing
- The Structure of English
- Noun countability
– paper or papers
– food or foods
– I have replied to the email or I had replied to the email
– I look forward to hear or I look forward to hearing
- Verb Mood
– If I am you, I will tell him or If I were you, I would tell him
- Subject and Verb Agreement
– None of the documents is or None of the documents are
– I am on the bus or I am in the bus
- Correct sentence structures
- Commonly Confused and Misused Words
– revert or reply
– kindly or please
– subject to or subjected to
Who should attend
Managers, executives, and non-executive staff.
Participants are guided through practical steps of the topic with a combination of lectures, group work, and proofreading and editing of business texts using dictionary software.
Click the link for registration or ticketing information:
Organized by : EON Consulting & Training Pte Ltd Website : https://eontraining.com.sg/
About the Organizers :
EON Consulting & Training Pte Ltd was established in 1996 and specialises in providing human capital consulting and training services to organisations in Singapore.
It has helped organisations improve on strategic human capital alignment and day-to-day HR operations through three main areas of support, namely, consulting, training and information service.