Filing IRS Form 1099-NEC & W-9 Update – Complying with IRS Information Reporting
Start Date: 2020-09-28
End Date: 2020-09-28
Time: 1:00 pm to 2:30 pm
Phone: +1 7172088666
Topic : Filing IRS Form 1099-NEC & W-9 Update – Complying with IRS Information Reporting
Offer : (10% Off) On New Signup
This webinar is an in depth look at the new 2020 Form 1099-NEC, Nonemployee Compensation and Form W-9, Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification.
Starting with 2020 reports, Form 1099-NEC is to be used instead of Form 1099-MISC to report nonemployee compensation. Other payments previously reported on Form 1099-MISC will be still be reported using Form 1099-MISC, however that form has been revised for 2020.
Areas Covered in the Session :
- 2020 Form 1099-NEC line by line
- Information Returns: What they are and using the Guide to Information Returns
- Forms 1099-NEC and 1096: Identification of reportable payments and payees
- Common 1099 errors – how to prevent them and how to correct them
- Taxpayer identification number basics: Which number to use
- Form W-9: documentation that establishes reportable and non-reportable payees
Speaker Profile :
Patrick Haggerty is Keynote Speaker at ComplianceKey. He is a tax practitioner, author, and educator. His work experience includes non-profit organization management, banking, manufacturing accounting, and tax practice. He began teaching accounting at the college level in 1988. He is licensed as an Enrolled Agent by the U. S.
Contact Info :
Email : [email protected]
Phone : +1 717-208-8666
Click the link for registration or ticketing information:
Organized by : Compliance Key Organizer's Address : Online Event,Compliance Key,364 E Main Street, Suite 1009 Tel : +1 7172088666 Website : https://www.compliancekey.us/webinar/1707/filing-irs-form-1099-nec-w-9-update/source_egoln