Electricity Economics in Changing Electricity Markets
Start Date: 2021-11-15
End Date: 2021-11-18
Time: 7:00 am to 10:00 am
Phone: +65 63250215
LIVE ONLINE COURSE
Commences: 15 – 18 November 2021 (7am – 10am GMT+0)
Are you ready for the new challenges & opportunities as power markets around the world evolve?
This is an essential course both for those generating and trading electricity and for those responsible for policy within the power industry. It leads you through a clear, accessible and thorough examination of the economics of power generation, from power plant cost influences to end-customer prices. It contextualises this analysis with key consideration of industry drivers and trends, including increasingly liberalised and competitive markets, evolving policy support and management frameworks, the growth and integration of renewable power sources, and the restructuring of power systems towards more decentralised operations.
The presenter allows for and encourages plenty of Q&A and discusses the issues from multiple stakeholder perspectives; including power plant owners, investors, policymakers and energy customers. This online course is an essential primer for those seeking to navigate successful
business routes through transitioning electricity systems.
We’ll examine these key questions:
- Which variables drive the economics of electricity generation?
- How do generation costs combine with other factors to produce end-use electricity prices?
- How are current technology & system trends impacting electricity costs and prices?
- What are policymakers doing to keep costs down?
- Who are the key stakeholders and influencers on electricity economics?
- What are the value-chain impacts of market liberalisation and competition?
- How are solar and wind power (and other low-carbon options) changing market environments?
- … and many more!
- Power project economics
- Power system disruption and the economic impacts
- Creating value from capacity and flexibility
- Competition, innovation and the end-customer
Benefits of Attending
- Clear, independent and business-focused introduction
- Language designed for non-experts; particularly senior executives, policymakers & investment decision-makers
- Core knowledge building, including up-to-the-minute examples from markets around the world
- Interactive discussion of key market and economic variables
- Quantification of key issues using simple numerical calculations, real data and Excel-based tools
“I enjoyed the course with lots of emonstrations and case studies. The facilitator was just marvellous, up to the game. It was a value for money workshop.”
– Electricity Generation Company Malawi
“Very well-organised class with excellent trainer. Impressive!”
– Bangkok Cogeneration Co.
“You provide an excellent course. I will without a doubt recommend it to anyone interested in the interplay between energy storage systems, electricity networks and energy markets, policies, procurement and regulations. Trainer’s knowledge and group interaction makes the course not only highly informative, but also engaging and fun as we learn how to successfully transition to more environmentally sustainable energy systems.”
– Department of Energy
“He is a professional trainer with excellent presentation skills. He is able to make simple representation of complex issues and has a very good knowledge of the renewable energy matters. I highly recommend him as a trainer!”
Live Online Course – How It Works
The structure of our virtual learning program is designed to keep the same levels of engagement and networking as our on-site public courses. Course content is delivered through our easy-to-use online learning platform and is supplemented by case studies and practical exercises.
Like our classroom-based public courses, you will have live interaction with our course facilitators and other participants. Our live online courses are led by our experienced instructors, who will provide you with easily digestible content, using knowledge learned from many years in the industry, during scheduled times. Delegates will receive copies of the course materials electronically.
This course is scheduled to take place over 4 live online sessions using virtual learning technology.
Click the link for registration or ticketing information:
Organized by : Infocus International Group Organizer's Address : 143 Cecil Street #25-02 GB Building, Singapore 069542 Tel : +65 63250215 Website : https://www.infocusinternational.com/