Advanced Business Writing
Start Date: 2020-07-03
End Date: 2020-07-03
Time: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Do you feel that your current knowledge of fundamental writing principles still needs further guidance and refinement? Well then, join us as we help you to fine-tune your e-mails, memos, reports and proposals, and meeting minutes.
This writing clinic encourages you to bring out your writing challenges and gives you practical solutions to overcome them. Explore the different types of sentence structures, how to use them to convey fine nuances, and bring your professional writing to the next level.
Learn how to vary sentence lengths to achieve different purposes, and use transitions to shape your writing and direct readers to appropriate conclusions. At the same time, master the art of choosing the right words with an extensive word bank and a take-away of how to use it well.
After the workshop, you will be able to:
- get solutions to real-world writing challenges when applying basic writing principles
- know how to use different sentence structures to achieve writing outcomes
- know how to vary sentence lengths to create different effects in writing
- learn how to use transitions to structure writing
- possess an extensive vocabulary and be able to use different words for different types of writing
- Introduction & expectations
– Introduction to the course
– Learning about your expectations
- Review of basic principles
– Challenges faced in practising them
– Solutions to real-world writing challenges
- Advanced sentence structures
– 4 types of sentence structures
– How to mix the different types of sentence structures
– Different types of sentence structure and their uses in various forms of business writing – e-mails, memos, meeting minutes, reports & proposals
- Advanced techniques to vary sentence lengths
– How to vary sentence lengths to help readers clearly convey points
– How to vary sentence lengths to persuade readers
- Structuring with transitions
- Power word bank
– Advanced words for different forms of business writing
– How and when to use which words
- Putting it together
– Write a piece of business writing by employing the advanced principles of writing
Who should attend
Anyone who wants to advance his or her business writing skill to the next level.
Participants are guided through practical steps of the topic with a combination of lectures, exercises for each strategy (some group work, some individual) and sharing with feedback sessions.
Click the link for registration or ticketing information:
Organized by : EON Consulting & Training Pte Ltd Website : https://eontraining.com.sg/
About the Organizers :
EON Consulting & Training Pte Ltd was established in 1996 and specialises in providing human capital consulting and training services to organisations in Singapore.
It has helped organisations improve on strategic human capital alignment and day-to-day HR operations through three main areas of support, namely, consulting, training and information service.